News from Samsung states that their upcoming Wi-Fi only version of the Galaxy Tab 7 inch tablet will arrive on retail stores on April 10, 2011. It’s also been rumored the Galaxy Tab price will be $349.99, half the price of the first version which cost $700. With this release, Samsung will garner more carrier free distribution and could boost their market share against the iPad 2.
This version only is stripped from its 3G network access, features like the Adobe Flash compatibility and others are still intact. And $349.99 is a very good and competitive price for a device of this kind.
Some are kind of displeased by this tablet’s screen size of only 7 inch, but honestly, it really depends on how you look at it. Many people think that this is a unique advantage compared to bigger sizes because with a 7 inch tablet you can hold it with a single hand.
Operating system wise, the Android 2.2 Froyo isn’t too bad for as an older OS. We barely heard complains about their Galaxy Tab running on Froyo crashing all the time. And surely, sooner or later, a stable build of Android 3.0 OS will be available for the 7 inch tablet use so let’s just be patient.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi Only Version Price and Release Date Leaked
- Fry Offers Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi Only Version For Only $350
- Launching of Citrix Receiver for Android version 2.0
- Dual-Core Chip, a possible processor for the new version of the Galaxy Tab
- Samsung Galaxy Tab landed in Jamaica through Digicel
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/5u9nz94