Samsung is about to add another model to their Galaxy Tab lineup. They recently announced an 8.9 inch tablet to fit nicely between the company’s 7 and 10 inch models. The release date has been set for March 22nd at the CTIA Wireless 2011 event in Florida. When the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was unveiled during the Unpack event on Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, some complained about how it was too big while others still not satisfied with the 7 inch as it was too small, now Samsung is ready to show us their latest tablet that features an 8.9 inch touch screen to put a stop to all this fuss.
This new tablet is rumored to run on Google’s Android 3.0 Honeycomb. We’re also guessing they will give it the new Exyonos family of Mobile processors since the 7 inch uses the 1GHz Hummingbird and the 10.1 inch has the dual-core Nvidia Tegra 2, using a processor that has power in between these two would be appropriate.
We will all find out on March 22. We’ll be posting details here to keep you on the loop.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Galaxy S 2 Debut Revealed
- Galaxy Tab 2 and Samsung Galaxy S2 release dates confirmed
- Pre order now accepted for Samsung Galaxy Player (Release Date: 1/7/11)
- List of Available Accessories for the Galaxy Tab including release date and pricing
- Sprint announced Samsung Galaxy Tab pricing and Launch Date
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/4zeobev