Resetting your Samsung Galaxy Tab back to its Factory settings is not as complicated as you think it is. The factory reset option is the simplest way to revert your tablet PC to its original settings, just before you bought it. If your Samsung Galaxy Tab device is working fine on Android OS, the using the factory reset option will complete the task. However, what are you going to do if your device will not go ON? Need not worry, there’s a way for everything all the time. Before you even begin with the reset process, first save all the important files that you have in your tablet PC as resetting your device will erase everything that you have stored. There are two ways to reset you Galaxy Tab to factory settings, just follow these instructions below:
Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab to Factory Settings from Its Android OS Options
- Navigate your Galaxy tab to Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset
- You will be asked if you want to reset your device, tap on the Reset Phone option
- Tap on the Option Erase Everything once you are asked regarding cleaning its memory
You have successfully reset your Samsung Galaxy Tab device to its factory settings, what you need to do next is wait.
There are instances wherein your tablet PC freezes or does not respond because of an application, try discarding the application. If it doesn’t help, try rebooting your Galaxy Tab by pressing old the “Power” button for 10 seconds, this should reboot your tablet PC immediately.
Reset Samsung Galaxy Tab to Factory Settings Using Its Keys
If you are having some problem with your Samsung Galaxy tab and you cannot switch it ON, then you can hard reset your device using the hardware keys. Another way of resetting your Galaxy Tab using its keys, here’s how:
- Although your Galaxy tab is not working, still make sure that it is OFF
- Now, press the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously and hold them for few seconds
- Soon, you will see the logo appearing on the display screen, then release the Power button (keep holding the Volume Up button)
- The menu will then be displayed where you can use your Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate across. Check with the menu and easily reset your Samsung Galaxy tab to factory settings by selecting the option labeled as Wipe Data / Factory Reset using the Power button.
There you have the two different procedures on reverting your Samsung Galaxy Tab back to factory settings.
No related posts.December 14, 2010 in Galaxy Tab Tips tagged with factory settings, galaxy tab, reset
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/68raajw