It’s time to dazzle your friends and family with your amazing knowledge of the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Here are five amazing facts about the worlds most popular Android tablet:
1. Samsung partnered up with NVidia to design and prototype the new Tegra 2 dual core processor for the upcoming Galaxy Tab 10.1. Ever wondered by Samsung would use someone else’s processor to power up their line of second generation touchscreen tablets? It’s because the Nvidia dual-core processor was made available before their own. “It was purely a time to market issue” as per Khan, Samsung’s Chief Strategy Officer. In fact it was rumored that Samsung had their own in-house design team working on a dual core processor, but it they just couldn’t bring it to production fast enough to keep pace with the completion.
2. Samsung has chosen RF Micro Devices, Inc, a global provider in the design and manufacturing of high-performance radio frequency components and compound semiconductor technologies, to enable a broad portfolio of next-generation 3G/4G devices.
3. Samsung was founded by Lee Byung-chull in 1938.. that makes Samsung 73 years old. And I thought old people didn’t know anything about computers.
4. Samsung Electronics is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. In 2009 they were voted the world’s largest electronics company with revenues of $117.4 billion.
5. The camera on the Galaxy Tab has an innovative feature called ‘Smile Shot’, that will automatically trigger when the subject smiles.
Stay tuned for more facts about the Samsung Galaxy Tab. If you have any brain busting facts about Samsung or the Galaxy Tab, post them below.
- Dual-Core Chip, a possible processor for the new version of the Galaxy Tab
- NVIDIA Chip could be Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 next GPU according to Analyst
- Samsung Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Tab 2 rumored to launch at CES
- Almost there! Big Possibility that Samsung might choose Tegra 2 to be used for their Galaxy Tab 2
- More Galaxy Tab 2 specs leaked – Andriod 3.0 Honeycomb?
Tiny URL for this post: http://tinyurl.com/4u7csh2